Monday, October 09, 2006

Seki Samurai Festival 7th October.

As soon as I found out there was a sword festival going on, and in the home city of Samurai swords, I was immediatly interested. Who aint interested in Samurai swords??? When me and a mate arrived, the party was already in full swing.





Most of the OAP's and the wide-eyed Gaijin seemed placated with them slicing Bamboo. Not me, I wanted to see some blood. I was speaking to one elderly gentleman next to me in broken Japanese and English. I was able to get across that in order to make sure the crowd was fully sated, we needed a cow.

"Cow," he said puzzled. "Yeah, you know Beef, Sirloin Steak. We need a cow to be sliced and diced in front of our eyes. We need to see these samurai slice and dice like they were supposed too."

He was merely contented to watch them slice bamboo. But then I thought it might get a bit more interesting when it looked like they were going to start dueling....










But alas, they were play fighting. If I wanted to see some real blood, I was gonna have to do it myself. Luckily for everyone there, I couldnt get near one. The blades were real nice though. So after that we headed on to...

No comments: