Sunday, October 15, 2006

Da Chilled Weekend.

After the last two weeks of hell, I thought I'd settle down to a weekend of nothing. And I have done nothing. Went out on Friday night, and got completly wasted, again! But it was cool, got to hang out in a new bar in Ueda and drink Jack Daniels. Went out for a meal at Kappa Sushi. This was one of those Japanese places where food, rotates around on a conveyor belt, tempting you with excess the whole time. At a quid a plate it was a deal. Im really getting on with the whole Sushi deal now, but sometimes things come along which you think, "Why would anyone eat that?" As in the case of
sea urchin, grasshopper, or slightly fried pigs intestine.

So today I thought, hey I have to get some photos for the blog, and it was a really nice day, so heres my brief tour.















This is Ueda castle. The only thing remaining is the castle gate and two towers. I was impressed by the tour which was in the gatehouse, and you looked at Samurai armour.




















I was riding past the moat and thougt it'd be a good picture. The weather reminds me of Canada alot.















This is the Kyudo Jo where I have Japanese archery. Managed to hit the target on Tuesday on my third go. The teachers were highly impressed. I looked at the target and just shouted "Oh Yeah!" but was grabbed by two teachers who forced me to stand in the post shoot stance. Kyudo is all ritual and posture. Actually firing the bow doesnt really matter.















This is the view of the castle from the Carpark. Not much left eh? Apparently its one of a few castles that was able to repel a massive army. Dont think it could repel much these days. I ride through the castle after Kyudo about 10ish. Its a really creepy place.
















This is a view of south Ueda looking towards the mountains. Its getting colder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo M8 hows it going? Just read ur blog, all sounds amazin.Ive finally figured out how to post my comments- lol.I should have been born blonde-lol!!!!!!
All ur photos are really cool. Keep us posted on how its all going. Take care lv bex xx

Anonymous said...

hey rich hwz it goin, looks good in japan, not gettin too drunk i hope,haha. av fun ash man!!!!!!!!!