Thursday, December 28, 2006

Skiing in Hakuba

So with little trepidation I put the boots back on and headed for the slopes. Even though there was no snow on the drive up to Hakuba (1 hour 30 minutes) you could see it up on the mountains. When we got there and parked up you couldnt see the top of the mountains, just a huge shroud of cloud that was full of snow.




















We passed up through this cloud and the slopes were covered. The first run went well but I felt like a proper novice. It took me a while to actually feel any good. At one point on the second run down; the cloud was so thick you could see nothing. I stopped and this skiier came out of the fog, looked at me and said "Can you see anything?" before vanishing back into the cloud.

















Best part of the day was being up the top and the view.
















I've never skiied on a mountain thats right above a village. It was like skiing down into the village. I thought it was a bit hard going then I realised it was a red (intermediate) run.
















By the end of the day I was totally knackered. So me and my mate headed to the Miso Ramen shop. Its now called super garlic as you have to crush a whole clove of garlic into your ramen (noodle soup).

No comments: